11/30/2014

When School is Murdered for a Week

Google put up a rather creepy turkey up for Thanksgiving.

Anyway. Here's a summary of my week.

We finally watched The Croods, which was pretty good. It had really awesome characters. I think the ending could have been better, though. It was too happy. And predictable. Spoilers: someone tries to escape, is too late, should be dead, and then survives anyway. They could have had a perfectly good ending after the family was painted on the wall, but nope.

We also watched Mockingjay part 1. The beginning was a bit rushed, and I barely followed what was happening since it's been a while since I read the books. It was pretty boring until they got to the part where (this is a spoiler) Katniss agreed to be the Mockingjay. It was actually exciting after that, and the ending was great. I won't spoil it too much, but it was kind of sad and now I can't wait for the second part to come out. Except I'm waiting right now, so I guess I can wait. *waits*

I also had Dippin' Dots this week. And went on a roller coaster, among other rides. I now have a green...giraffe thing that was earned through a *deadly war. I wasn't the one who won that game. Oh, and we now have a new caricature, too.

Other stuff that happened includes that we went to other people's houses and had fun. At one of those houses, we spent Thanksgiving. There was a turkey named Bob. I ate red velvet cupcakes, pistachios, and Bob.

If I didn't mention it, there was also a lot of sitting in cars. A lot. As in, it took an hour to get anywhere and an hour to get back. Except for the ride to the state we were in and back; that took the whole day. The one time that it would have only taken two minutes to go where we wanted was when no cars were available and we had to walk 1.8 miles.

Oh! And I also finished a book. It was The Wide-Awake Princess. The book was awesome and I want to read the whole series now. :D

*This is an obvious exaggeration. We had to spray a target to make the giraffe things go higher. Still, maybe it really was deadly and I just happened to choose the spray thing that wouldn't electrecute me when I lost! Yay!

8 comments:

  1. YES YOU FINALLY READ WIDE-AWAKE PRINCESS YAYAY

    Erm, good post! Sounds fun! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE ENDING WAS AMAZING :D

      It was. For the most part. :D The car rides, though...

      Delete
    2. EXCEPT THAT THERE WASN'T ENOUGH SHIPPINESS IN THE ENDING.

      Heh, yeah, I know how you feel…

      Delete
    3. WHICH IS WHY I NEED THE NEXT BOOKS. :D

      Yeah...at least there was food. :D

      Delete
  2. YAY FOR READING THE WIDE AWAKE PRINCESS! NOW BOOK TWO! Though I haven't even read it. :P

    Ooh! I watched The Croods quite a while back, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Mostly the characters. *snods*

    Aw, poor Bob. At least he was nice, assuming he was. :P

    Anyway, good post! Hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HURRY UP, LIBRARIES. WE NEED THAT BUG SPRAY.

      Yesh, the characters were awesome. :D

      I think he was. And he was also the first turkey I've ever eaten. :D

      Thankee!

      Delete
    2. HAHA YES! AND GOOD BUG SPRAY PLEASE.

      Yeah. :D

      *snods* I don't think I've ever actually had turkey...

      Eeknaht!

      Delete
    3. HIGH QUALITY, COMPLETELY FULL BUG SPRAY.

      :D

      You've saved the lives of more Bobs than I have.

      Ooh, new word. :D

      Delete